IQN Path Independent Director
The International Quality Network for Pathology ASBL (IQN Path) is an umbrella nonprofit association for providers of external quality assessment (EQA) schemes in pathology. The final goal of the association is to deliver improved clinical implementation of biomarkers testing
through multi-stakeholder cooperation. In particular, IQN Path aims to:
- Exchange expertise between key opinion leaders in the field, pool resources to quickly
establish recommendations for new biomarker adoption, establish benchmarks and best
- Coordinate interaction between international experts and different stakeholders involved in
quality assessment thereby supporting faster adoption of new biomarkers and technology
- Share benefits by developing value through joint workshops, training and research in quality,
promote professional recognition of members
- Develop tools and data resources, promote access and develop new products or standards/
controls that support EQA providers and laboratories
- Promote EQA by creating compelling evidence to inform and lead policy development,
identifying trends and emerging needs in the field creating a stronger voice for EQA providers
Currently, eleven EQA providers/scientific societies are academic members of IQN Path. The
association is supported by numerous corporate members. IQN Path is organized in projects
that are approved by the Executive Board.
The Executive Board of IQN Path has decided to appoint an:
The service required is outsourced both to individuals and to consulting firms. In case of
consulting firm, the person who will be dedicated to this activity must be indicated and
his/her curriculum vitae will be an integral part of the required documentation.
The Independent Director works with the Executive Board to give direction and leadership to
the achievement of IQN Path’s mission, goals and objectives. The Director reports to the
The Independent Director will have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Attending the General Meeting and the Executive Board meetings
- Coordination of all the projects of the association and reporting to the President, Treasurer and the Board.
- Organizing and facilitating Executive Board meetings, including preparation of the
agenda. Providing support and organization to working groups, projects and other
committees. With Executive Board officers and membership feedback, drafting annual
strategic plan, which identifies goals and major work streams, and an annual report of
- Funds development: Seeking funding opportunities; coordinating membership and seek
membership expansion opportunities; maintaining membership listing and developing
peer-to-peer networking tools and opportunities
- Discussing the value of the association with companies
- Contract management of memberships
- Project support: Supporting new projects for Board submission and approval, including
evaluation of feasibility and fund raising
- Board approved projects: Assisting the team, the project manager and the principal
investigator with contract negotiations, assisting with seeking and on-boarding project
sponsors or other sponsors or IQN Path, contract management for projects,
coordination on projects, providing advice on GDPR for project teams. Raising
potential issues to the Executive Board regarding projects. Communicating with
sponsors about IQN Path publications arising from projects.
- Coordinating communication with the IQN Path membership, including development
and updates of the website, newsletters, annual and interim reports, press releases,
overseeing publications and position statements, -mail, preparation of the annual
report and branding of IQN Path.
- Responsible for GDPR
- Assisting and supporting the Treasurer of the association in preparation of monthly,
quarterly, and annual financial status reports
- Proven success at pursuing and incorporating new revenue sources through a variety of
fundraising and entrepreneurial activities, consistent with the mission of the association
- Demonstrated management responsibility with a complex non-profit organization
- Documented experience that demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the work area of the association
Minimum Employment Standards and Requirements:
- BA or BSc degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of management and supervisory experience in the field of the association
The starting salary will be appropriate for the role, commensurate with applicant’s qualifications. A bonus based on the achievement of the objectives will also be included.
Because of the consultancy service required, the location is the seat of the consultant and
the expenses for the transfers required will be reimbursed.
Applicants Must Submit via e-mail:
1. A detailed letter of introduction describing applicant’s experience, knowledge and skills
matching the identified duties, responsibilities, minimum employment standards and requirements of this position.
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. At least three professional references with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Please send Word or PDF format documents as attachments to an e-mail message to
Please include “Director Job Application” in the subject line of your e-mail submission.
Mitglieder gesucht! Ihre Vorteile:
- Ermäßigte Kongressgebühren
- Ermäßigte Teilnahmegebühren für Fortbildungen seitens der DGP
- regelmäßige Informationen zu Ringversuchen und Fortbildungen
- NEU: Halber Mitgliedsbeitrag bei Neueintritt nach dem 30. Juni (nur für Neumitglieder, die noch nicht DGP-Mitglied waren)