Investigative Pathologist in viral-based cancer therapies (f/m/diverse)
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria - a great place to live and to work - our dedicated Research team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative
Investigative Pathologist in viral-based cancer therapies
In this science-focused position, you will be an integral driver of a translational science hub deconvoluting early anti-cancer research concepts.
• Advance our histopathological expertise to develop human ex vivo based assays and investigate exploratory biomarkers associated with mechanisms of actions of oncolytic viruses/immunomodulatory therapeutics, in collaboration with the oncology translational science (OTS) group in BI discovery research
• Set-up and implement basic and new histopathological platforms to drive innovative science and drug discovery, including multiplex assays and digital pathology analyses
• Actively contribute to the design and pre-clinically validation of tissue-based biomarker assays and drive the development of capabilities of the pathology OTS group
• Interact and communicate within a highly dynamic external research network including partners from academia, industry and also the local clinical surgery departments (including presentations of the project work at scientific conferences)
• Train and supervise technical staff
Your ideal qualification:
• Certified pathologist (MD or DVM) with a profound expertise and scientific curiosity in human cancer etiology, with postdoctoral/clinical experience in cancer biology
• In depth knowledge and hands-on experience in basic and advanced tissue-based techniques such as routine histology, immunohistochemistry (IHC)/immunofluorescence (IF) (multiplexing), microscopy
• Experience in Digital Pathology is a strong asset
• Critical-thinking and trouble-shoot abilities to develop novel cell-based and molecular assays
• Sound knowledge of cancer immunology, cancer immunotherapy and human based ex vivo assays to foster translation of novel virus based anti-cancer therapeutics is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and clear communication skills to integrate in a multi-disciplinary, lively and flexible team
• Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by first author peer-reviewed publications
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written; German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German)
• You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer therapy at the interface of science and translation being part of an engaged scientific team.
• Work within the passionate, science-driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
• We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies.
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Dr. Monika Petersson, Bundesstrasse 27, 6063 Rum, Austria
We look forward to receiving your application by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitglieder gesucht! Ihre Vorteile:
- Ermäßigte Kongressgebühren
- Ermäßigte Teilnahmegebühren für Fortbildungen seitens der DGP
- regelmäßige Informationen zu Ringversuchen und Fortbildungen
- NEU: Halber Mitgliedsbeitrag bei Neueintritt nach dem 30. Juni (nur für Neumitglieder, die noch nicht DGP-Mitglied waren)